Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 15 July 2012

Challenge #15. Christmas In July!

Evening fellow Quirky Fans! Hope your week has been very eventful, and you aren't too hot in 'heat waves' in other parts of the World or soaked through in all the rain we're having here in UK! Welcome back to another Quirky Crafts Challenge! Please scroll down to the post below to see the last Challenge winners if you missed it. It's my turn, Spyder, (Lyn) to set the theme and at the time of typing this I wasn't sure which way to go... something summery and hot or...something freezing and wintry?? So after checking out some of the lovely digi's our sponsors....
Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps
were offering us to play with, it just had to be.....
Christmas In July!
So here's a chance to make a start on all those Christmas cards you know you'll need (come Christmas eve!) Of course it doesn't have to be a card, we'd love to see anything crafty that has anything to do with Christmas, decorations, stockings, Advent calenders, I've seen a few lovely ones about blogland, as well as Tags, Atc's, Scrapbook Pages, etc etc! And to make it even more fun Stitchy Bear will be offering our winner...
$10 voucher!
just so you can choose what you want when you want it from three different ranges as used by the Design Team!

Here are some lovely creations by our Guest designers, winners and favourites from our past challenges...


Laura said: I made a wreath. I printed a page of holly digis which I coloured with Promarkers, fussycut and stuck to a ring of card. I added seam binding bows over the digi bows. I glittered the berries and then added two coats of glossy accents. I added a hanging loop and tails to finish it off. Laura hadn't used digis before and I think she may now be a convert!

Natali used Holly Bough and said she wanted to keep this beautiful image simple and not clutter it with embellishments, she used Copics to colour the image.
Natali also used Rudolf with Santa to make this stylish fun card.


And here's some fabulous makes by the Quirky team...

Cazzy

I used three Stitchy images on my card, Ruldolf (so cute, throw him a reindeer treat someone) with a decoupaged head, Holly Bough and Snowflake. I made the snowflake into my backing paper, repeating it over and over, and I tried to add a blue background on the computer which didn't work out so I coloured the background with a pastel blue Promarker then added Ice Stickles to the snowflakes. Rudolf and Holly Bough are also coloured with Promarkers, and the ribbon edged with gold marker free with a magazine. Finally the ribbons are from Crafty Ribbons (of course). This looks paler than it actually is.
Spyder
For my first card I've used Busted from our sponsors, on a card I trimmed down to make a slightly different shape. I printed Santa out two or three times so I could do a bit of decoupage. The top half of his body and head has been 3D-ed over the main image, which was printed straight onto the blue 'snowy' paper and cut out using my Nesties. I coloured him with ProMarkers, using those thin nibs on the tiny fiddly bits and added some micro fine glitter on Santa's furry bits! (Second card coming next.....added 16th July)
This time I used Bah Humbug coloured with Promarkers, adding Eyelash wool, a snow flake ribbon, gems, dimensional flowers, asticky gelly sentiment and micro glitter. Papers are all Pink Petticoat. Links on my blog for the free fonts used inside both these cards.

Caro
I used Rudolf with Santa from our sponsors. I printed the image onto white card, then put it though a cuttlebug embossing folder to generate the snowy scene before colouring the image, houses, smoke and trees with promarkers and the sky with blue chalk for a soft dreamy effect. I then mounted the whole thing onto red card to make it pop.

Diane

I also chose to work with the Holly Bough. When it comes to Christmas I am afraid I am a bit of a traditionalist. I like the old fashioned look, not so much the cutesy look. This digistamp has been printed many times and decoupaged to within an inch of it's life. Coloured with promarkers and layered with foam pads it has then been mounted onto white cardstock which has been embossed using my Grand Calibur and the cuttlebug swiss dots folder. A mat of deep red to make the whole thing stand out a bit more and I am done.

Now it's over to you! Let's see your Christmas In July creations!

Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) (or your image in photobucket, SCS, Flikr etc) using the biggest blue froggy at the top of the collection, the other one (at the bottom) doesn't do anything that we can tell, and please comment after you have linked. Don't forget to mention Quirky and add a link back to here (please read the rules and if you realised you haven't followed the rules and won't be included in the top three, and you want your entry removed to try again - please email us using the link in the side bar).

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.







Email entries from non bloggers:
Digi card 1 created by Stepanie Lewis using Word

Digi Card 2 created by Stephanie Lewis using Word.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely inspiration by the DT, thank you for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry no linky thing can you please add me on. Thank you.
    Debbiex
    http://debbie-lovepapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/my-first-c-card-for-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BIG froggy at the top is the one to use, but no worries, luckily I had your email and added your card for you!!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous DT creations.Great challenge too.
    Thanks
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first visit but not my last! Gorgeous creations by the design team.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous makes team (I especially like Caro's) and we already have lots of lovely entries I see.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Challenge and lovely inspiration. I can't believe that it is only 5 months until Christmas.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab dt makes, great challenge, thanks
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards from the DT; thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the theme DT and your cards are ace.The stamps are such fun I especially love the grumpy santa! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow some excellent and gorgeous creations.

    Wishing everybody luck with their entries and thanks for a super fun challenge.

    Hugs Jox

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.