Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 14 April 2013

Challenge #8: Quirky Wings and clouds

Welcome back to Quirky Craft's Challenge Blog! Please scroll down to the post below to see if you were a winner of our last challenge.  It is my (Caro's) turn to set the challenge this week, and as I sat looking out of my window at the birds flying through a cloudy sky I thought that our challenge should be:

Wings and clouds

So you can use any image with wings (birds, insects, dragons, fairies, angels etc) and your creation must have some clouds on it somewhere...either in the main image or in background paper etc.  Remember any creation is allowed and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

This challenge has two sponsors, so we've had some great images to work with:

Doodle Dragon Studios is offering a $10 gift voucher for our first place winner and a $5 gift voucher for our third place winner.
Bugaboo are offering 7 images to our second place winner.

So, let's see what our fabulous Guest Designer and Design Team have been up to...

Guest Designer Pauline 
Pauline used Ava Fairy from Bugaboo on this very pretty card which is decorated to match inside. Hop on over to Pauline's blog to see more photos and details and to tell her you love it!

 Guest Designer Deanne
Deane used Skelekinz - Wings  from Bugaboo and did some great paper piecing with this quirky little angel. Hop on over to Deanne's blog to find out more and share the love!

Deanne also made this great paper pieced card with one of Doodle Dragon Studio's Fairy Frogmother images.



I used the very amusing Fairy Frog Mother images and sentiment by Dustin Pike of Doodle Dragon Studios. I found my DCWV clouds paper and added a strip of pink and green for the ground. Images coloured with Promarkers.

This time I used Skelekinz -Wings with Deacon Wings, they seem to be in love! I used the DCWV paper again, and you can just see houses die cut with a Sizzix on the edge Tim Holtz die. I felt something was needed in the sky and used a die I just got free with a magazine to cut a purple butterfly. Images coloured with Promarkers.

I used Ava Fairy from Bugaboo for this quirky little drawing. I sat in front of the TV with the print of this digi-stamp, trying to plan what I was going to make... and then before I knew what was going on, I'd ended up with this spontaneous little doodle. I used Prismacolor pencils to colour her in (because I just LOVE them). At one point I thought I might stick this onto a card, but now I'm thinking I should keep her and paste her into one of my journals... What do you reckon?


I used "Scene - It Spring Time" from Bugaboo to make this cute picture that would be great for a nursery.

For this multi stepped card I used the Fairy Frog Mother images from Doodle Dragon Studios, you will go to the ball!

I used ' Scene It - Believe' from Bugaboo to make an altered CD which is going to be a wall hanging for my God daughters bedroom.  I masked over the image and then used distress inks to colour the sky.  The main image was coloured using promarkers, pearlescent glue for the clouds, gold pen for the stars and sakura stardust for the wings.  I edged it with pearlescent gold embossing powder and added flowers, an angel charm and gold notes to give the impression of the angels singing.

 
Here's my card using a fabulous Bugaboo image, Now, I was going to 3D this, but ran out of glue! (and black ink) I've printed it over cloud backing paper from PinkPetticoat, then put the topper over the same same cloud paper, only it has slightly bigger clouds, that's the beauty of digi downloads! Then fixed over some stripes. The arrow, threw itself at me, so I thought I'd better used it! I was going to add flowers, but they didn't look right. (So I fixed them on the next card! Here it is...

This time I've used one of Dustin's super digi's, this fairy Frog! Coloured her with ProMarkers and managed to 3D her too, only I think I cut off too many legs! I've also printing her over the same clouds backing paper as above. My black ink gave up the ghost so I've printed the sentiment in pink (and above too) and I think it looks even better! So, Pink's the new Black!


Aren't these great?!

We will post a reminder next week with some more examples from the team!

Please add a link to your blog post (not your blog) by right clicking on the post title and copying, then pasting (right click again) into the Inlinkz form, or link your online photo gallery, SCS etc. using the button below.
Divya B - please link your blog post not just the photo (see how above), we cannot get to your blog to see properly or comment on your entry. The photo link doesn't take us to your blog, just to a photo with no way of getting to you.

Have Fun - The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.



 Loading InLinkz ...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me as a Guest Designer this week, everyone's projects are fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entry #16 has correct link but wrong photo. The link is to 2nd Tag.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.